Experience and Expertise
A deep understanding of the commercial mortgage market and an ability to execute effectively throughout all market segments
We believe in the fundamental strength of Canadian commercial real estate.
At IMC, we believe in the fundamental strength of Canadian commercial real estate as a long-term investment and in its importance as a key component of any investment portfolio. We use our real estate underwriting and structuring expertise to invest responsibly in Canadian commercial mortgages across all asset classes and at various levels of risk and reward.
The IMC team adheres to a focused, disciplined investment process and a proactive approach to asset management, resulting in stable and compelling income returns for investors. We’re committed to providing our clients and investors with superior execution and an institutional standard of service.
Our core values
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of expertise, ethics and performance
We always act in consideration of the long-term best interests of our clients and investors
We always aim to “do the right thing”
We operate as an integrated, highly coordinated team to achieve superior results
Leaders in Canadian commercial real estate debt
- Originated more than 1400 commercial mortgages in Canada, across all asset classes, with a total dollar value exceeding $13.5 billion
- Introduced new and innovative products and practices to Canadian commercial mortgage lending
- Established 14 investment funds dedicated to Canadian commercial mortgage and related products
- Has a fully integrated servicing team that is Fitch rated and services over $2.1 billion in commercial mortgages
- Launched the Canadian CMBS market, securitizing over $12 billion of Canadian mortgages over 38 new CMBS issuances, including issuances under its own IMC-sponsored CMBS program
MEET THE TEAM
Experience, leadership, and proven ability
IMC’s founding partners and senior management team have extensive real estate expertise and experience in both Canada and the United States. The founding partners at IMC have worked together since 1997, when they brought a new business model for commercial mortgage lending to the Canadian market and quickly became one of the country’s largest commercial mortgage lenders.
Managing Director, Head of Client Relationships and Core & Core Plus Investments